These meatballs are amazing! This is an adaptation of a recipe I learned from a French lady years ago. I hope you enjoy it.
- 1 1/4 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup oatmeal (“quick oats”)
- 1/3 cup milk (of choice, I used unsweetened almond)
- 1/2 medium onion, diced small
- 2 large cloves garlic, diced small
- 5-6 sprigs fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- about 1/4 – 1/2 tsp black pepper
- salt, to taste
Add the oatmeal and milk to a large mixing bowl and allow the oats to absorb the milk.
Dice the onion and garlic small and add those to the oatmeal, together with the parsley, pepper, lemon juice, ground beef and salt.
Mix the beef thoroughly into the herbs and spices. Allow the meat to sit for about 40 minutes before rolling into balls and baking.
The salt causes the meat to lose its juices, but those are reabsorbed within about 40 minutes, allowing for a very tender, juicy meatball.
Bake at 350F until the meatballs are fully cooked and beginning to take on a little color on the bottom.